Monday, March 12, 2012

Take the chance and CHANGE your life FOREVER!

Good afternoon all! :)

alright so this is the start of my journey and I figured I should just use this as my journal and share it will all of you. 


So the next few months as I prepare for what ever I end up competing in I am going to post from my morning work out, to how much water I drink, to how much sleep I am getting, the struggles I'll see and GET through. What I eat, where I shop prices,EVERYTHING :)
Pictures weekly and all sorts of fun stuff! 

Let me know how you learn or grow from what information I may give you :) 

so first off today was my first day really working out hitting the gym and eating right! 
David (husband) & I hit the gym at about 6:00am 
We had to leave from bountiful around 5:30 to get there by 6 because we go all the way to Planet Fitness! 
Its cheap and I love it. 
So I started out taking a pre-workout called XM+ It's amazing for energy and when you start working out you feel on top of the world! seriously...

So I found this website that has what you should eat and what you should work out daily etc. 
Key parts to work out of course for any competition are  
1.Shoulders
2.Buttocks/hamstrings
3.Quads
4. Abs
5.Upper Back

So today I started out with Arms, I did 10 reps of each different work out I am sorry I may not have all the names right haha I'll try and get pictures next time 

10-Alternate Hammer Curl 15 pound weights
10-Barbell Curls 20 pound weights
10- Bicep Curls - 15 pound weights
10-Alternate Incline Dumbbell Curls 15-pound weights
15-pull up Which I weigh 126 right now :)
10 reps 3X-  Over head press at 30 pounds
30-Triceps dips 

Then on to Abs 

12 minute abs @ planet fitness I do 15-30 reps not just the 12 they recommend
I was lighter on abs today and then jogged 15 minutes and biked 17 minutes :D 
Gotta love cardio :)
After my workout I take a Post workout and it's called SmartMix 
If you'd like to buy the xm+ or SmartMix Let me know I actually sell this stuff because I love it so much and I can get you it for a really good deal :)
E-mail me at successisthenextstep@gmail.com  or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/whittney.barker

Well where to I go from here I dropped my babe off at work and now I'm writing on here need to go grocery shopping at Costco and Wal-mart..
I'll be back to upload more pictures of what my diet will be made up of :) 

and what I'll eat for lunch and dinner 

Stay tuned and check back :)






Alright I am back, So grocery shopping is HORRIBLE! 
I just hate how rude some people are :/ 
But I GOT IT DONE :)
 Gotta love your eggs :)

 cheese and crackers for a snack, love cottage cheese didn't look for any special type.. SILK My new favorite milk ever! chocolate flowered :) probably not the best for me but its my first time shopping for healthy stuff and I was on my own :)




Can't go wrong with spinach and Cheese for salads 

Lemons for my water and to put on salmon

 and my favorite fish ever! :)

 this was SILK vanilla till the box broke :) its expensive I had to save it!

Chicken! of course and turkey meat

turkey jerky for those random snacks and when I want STAKE :)


Okay so I have a super SWEET TOOTH! and this is dried fruit so I eat half of one of these when I want candy, Try it for yourself it works like a charm 

Never tried these, Never eat cereal but I heard from someone at the gym they are amazing and whole grain with brown sugar which is healthy compared to normal white sugar. I'll let you know how they taste

A friend from work said these were amazing for snacks I tried one before I made lunch they are not very tasty at all! :( would recommend good thing my cousin has a daughter that I am sure loves pop-tarts which is what they are sorta like..
Last my gallon :) My goal is to start drinking one a day!


This was amazing cheddar wurst,cottage cheese, 6 thin wheat and laughing cow Swiss cheese YUM! :)
Lunch :



Dinner for my Hubby and I :
 These are what I pretty much season everything with :) Lemon pepper, Black pepper and Garlic Salt 

So this is our AMAZING DINNER :) Cottage cheese Spinach lightly drizzled Italian dressing and chicken breast Yummmy it was!

David being a goof because I always take pictures of his plate and mine.. haha 

 okay so you have to try this Chicken cholula hot sauce and cottage cheese together! Fantastic! 
Good Night All :)



"Success is the Next STEP"











No comments:

Post a Comment